How to fill out a TAOE Christmas card:
- Genuinely thank the veteran for their service and sacrifice to our country. (Please write AT LEAST two sentences)
- Sign your name.
- Write what city and state you are from.
- Anything extra you would like to add is great. The veterans love to hear that someone is thinking about them during the holiday season.
- Place your card in a UNSEALED envelope.
(all cards are screened for appropriate content before being sent to a veteran)
FOR EXAMPLE: (These are JUST examples, get CREATIVE!)
- Thank you for your service to our country. Your sacrifices are truly appreciated and will never be forgotten. Merry Christmas! (Name, City, and State)
- Your sacrifice to our country is a true inspiration. We owe you a debt that we can never repay. Thank you for your service. (Name, City, and State)
- Your heroism is the reason that we celebrate the holiday season in freedom. Thank you for your service and sacrifice to our country. Merry Christmas! (Name, City, and State
- My name is ____ and I am a student from _______ school/university. My dream is to become a _______. Thank you for fighting to keep our country free and for allowing me to chase my dreams. (Name, City, and State)
- My (family member) is in the _____ branch of military. I understand the sacrifices that must be made in order to keep this country safe and free. Thank you for your willingness to protect us. God Bless and Merry Christmas (Name, City, and State)
Cards WITHOUT a genuine thank you will NOT be accepted.
Our veterans deserve many thanks for what they have given us. Freedom is not free, and we hope to make sure that EVERY veteran hears the words "Thank You" at least once in their lifetime. We appreciate your understanding for why we require you to write more than just "THANK YOU" or sign your name.
Can’t seem to find the time to sign cards? Send us your blank ones!
Whether you would like to donate a few boxes or those few leftovers that you just can’t throw away, you can help make a difference. We host multiple events throughout the year that allow individuals to sign blank cards what we provide. We can't hold these events without your generous donation of blank cards.